Friday, April 24, 2020

NIFTy Member Fishing Report

Thanks Liz! 

Hey Jim,
I had to travel to my cabin near Viroqua to check on my beehives and add a new one.  I had the chance to get out on to the stream by my cabin. This is Mill Creek that runs through my property. I was using a black woolly bugger with a bead head, and a little tungsten weight on the line, with a strike indicator about 30 inches above the fly.  Caught 4 nice size trout within about 40 minutes at the bend in the stream, right near a downed tree. 

Was pretty happy.  It's rare I get time off to go fishing, so this was a nice "bonus" of being on a week long furlough from work because of the challenging economy with this Virus.  Trying to make lemonade out of a lemon of a disease.

Sure am enjoying the NIFT zoom meetings!

Liz

No comments: