Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Youghiogheny River Float Trip


While traveling with my family on vacation from Elmhurst, IL to Washington DC and Ocean City Maryland, I decided to stop off for a couple nights in Uniontown, PA. Why stop in Uniontown Pennsylvania my wife asked... I smiled and she knew there was a river close by to fly fish. The Youghiogheny River "aka "Yough" is just outside of town and is known for it's Smallmouth Bass and trout (Rainbow/Browns). I set-up a float trip through the Wilderness Voyageurs in Ohiopyle, PA for an 8 hour float which included a lunch. I used head guide Ryan who was very familiar with river. I had a great time. My wife and three daughters booked a guided white water trip with lunch the same day. Eventually they caught up to Ryan and I and were able to see their father in action. I hooked up on a nice smallie as my wife took the pic from bridge as we approached the take out. NIFTy member Jim Gould.

No comments: