Friday, May 06, 2011

My friend Mike calls me to go fishing after work at a well known spot I turned him on to, but I couldn't make it. Later in the evening he calls to tell me that the fishing was unbelievable! He said he slammed them on a Bob Clouser Minnow chartreuse/white. After seeing these pictures I'm kicking myself. It's good to see the hybrid striped bass are still alive and doing well. A couple years ago I caught several of these including one that was 27" long. Last week while fishing with Mike, he spotted the hybrid monster cruising the shore line. I have a feeling Mike will hook into this fish very soon. http://northernillinoisflytyers.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jim must be able to tell the future because I (mike) did hook that monster hybrid mothersday afternoon on te same clouser that's posted on a 4x tipit,trout leader,5wt streamer line on a 5wt combo. I hooked him and fought it for a good 20min then handing it off to my brother and after he fought for a good 15-20 min we handed it to my father to finish hi
Off and long behold after dad fighting for almost 40MORE minutes we seen this beast and snapped at the tipit knot. (ok ok I grabbed the line! Sue me!)
But with a crowd of at least 20 people watching the long fight from there yards and the sigh of sadness ( and laying on the ground kicking and screaming like a 2yr old that has a mouth of a truck driver) the monster lives to be caught
again!

Joseph said...

If I could sue you over this I would.. We'll get him one of these days!