Thursday, October 26, 2006

MEMBER PROFILE


Member: Corey T. Acting NIFT President

Where did you grow up? I was born in L.I. New York where I lived until I was 5. My family then moved to Maryland, just outside Washington D.C. When I was 8 we moved to IL where I have been ever since.

What is your favorite fish? The more I fish, the more I appreciate all different species that I fish for. That said, I find the steelhead the most captivating. Steelhead on a swung fly takes skill, dedication,...and luck. When those factors come together and culminate in a fish, it is very rewarding.

What is your favorite fly? Whatever the fish are biting on! Actually that is a tough question. Aesthetically I like the spey fly in its various forms...but if I could only pick one fly to fish forever it would be the wolly bugger!

What is your favorite color? Olive green

What is your favorite book? So many books...I like Seabiscut, The Perfect Storm, Shadow Divers, Band of Brothers to name a few favorites. Recently it has been A Passion for Steelhead by Dec Hogan.

How long have you been fly fishing? 10 years.

What is your favorite Movie? A River Runs Through It, isn't that what you want to hear? I like Wes Anderson's movies: Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tannenbaums.

Where is your favorite place to fish? This is going to sound pretty sad but I can't deny it: The Milwaukee River.

If you could fish anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be? Dean River, British Columbia.

If you could have anyone guide your next fishing trip, who would that guide be? Dec Hogan.

One last question, do you use an electric or manual razor? I switch off between the two, when I decide to shave that is.

No comments: